Lansing Family papers
Correspondence, maps, and legal documents relating to real estate in the Albany area. Mostly the papers of John Lansing, Jr. (1754-1829).
- Creation: 1633 - 1936
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1784 - 1829
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
3.21 Cubic Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The bulk of collection was donated by F. Lansing Stebbins (UC 1927), most probably in 1956. Later donations were made by his wife, Ruth B. Stebbins, in 1968 and 1973.
In 2017, collections 76 (Mss L295p1) and 77 (Mss L295p2) were combined to create SCA-0076.
- Guide to the Lansing Family papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.