Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Adirondack Council correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, and other records documenting legislative efforts to protect the Adirondacks from acid rain.
The Almy D. Coggeshall papers measure 2.52 cubic feet and were created during the years 1962-2009. They consist of correspondence, writings, photographs, and files on winter recreation in New York State with a focus on opposition to snowmobiles.
The Arthur E. Newkirk papers consist of 3.3 cubic feet of records and date from 1903 to 2004. The collection includes Dome Island Memorial Sanctuary Committee records, correspondence, writings, and other materials documenting Newkirk's conservation work in the Adirondacks.
The records of Couch-Sa-Chra-Ga Association, Inc. measure 2.75 cubic feet and date from 1964-1991. The collection includes correspondence, finances, audio-visual materials, and other records of the Association relating to its production of films about the Adirondacks.
The Harold A. Jerry, Jr. papers consist of 11.09 cubic feet and date from 1952-1995. The papers include environmental reports, correspondence, writings, and other records associated with Jerry's work as a government official working to prevent overdevelopment in the Adirondack Park.
The John S. Apperson papers contain 44 cu ft of correspondence, maps, charts, litigation, pamphlets and published materials, photographs, photographic negatives, slides, lantern slides, and audio recordings within 48 boxes and one Map Drawer. Digital surrogates of selected items have been created.
The Louis Curth papers measure 12.87 cubic feet and date from 1885-2003. The collection consists of research materials used in the writing of "The Forest Rangers: A History of the New York State Forest Ranger Force" (1987) and includes manuscripts, reports, correspondence, photographs, and other records detailing forest ranger history as well as glimpses into Curth's career.
The New York State Conservation Council, Inc. records measure 1.89 cubic feet and were created during the years 1937-1989. The records consist of annual meeting minutes, reports, resolutions, and other records of the Council.
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 6
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 2
- Lake George (N.Y. : Lake) 2
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 2
- North Country (N.Y.) 2
- Acid rain -- Environmental aspects 1
- Adirondack Mountains (N.Y.) 1
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Apperson, John S., 1878-1963 -- Political activity 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Catskill Mountains (N.Y.) 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Citizen participation 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Public relations 1
- Conservationists 1 ∧ less
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 2
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 1
- Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks 1
- Coggeshall, Almy D., 1917-2009 1
- Coggeshall, Robert 1
- Couch-Sa-Chra-Ga Association 1
- Jerry, Harold A., Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Jerry-Wolcott, Jocelyn 1
- Melewski, Bernard C. 1
- Moberg, Per O., 1920-2011 1
- Nature Conservancy (U.S.). Eastern New York Chapter 1
- New York (State). Conservation Department 1
- New York (State). Legislature. Joint Legislative Committee on Environmental Management and Natural Resources 1
- New York (State). Office of Parks and Recreation 1
- Newkirk, Arthur E., 1914-2006 1
- Newkirk, Jeanne 1
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 1 ∧ less