Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Content Description Adirondack Council correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, and other records documenting legislative efforts to protect the Adirondacks from acid rain.
Dates: 1982 - 2003
Abstract The Arthur E. Newkirk papers consist of 3.3 cubic feet of records and date from 1903 to 2004. The collection includes Dome Island Memorial Sanctuary Committee records, correspondence, writings, and other materials documenting Newkirk's conservation work in the Adirondacks.
Dates: 1903 - 2004; Majority of material found within 1942 - 2004
Abstract The Louis Curth papers measure 12.87 cubic feet and date from 1885-2003. The collection consists of research materials used in the writing of "The Forest Rangers: A History of the New York State Forest Ranger Force" (1987) and includes manuscripts, reports, correspondence, photographs, and other records detailing forest ranger history as well as glimpses into Curth's career.
Dates: 1885 - 2003; Majority of material found within 1930 - 2003
Abstract The New York State Conservation Council, Inc. records measure 1.89 cubic feet and were created during the years 1937-1989. The records consist of annual meeting minutes, reports, resolutions, and other records of the Council.
Dates: 1937 - 1989
Scope and Contents Materials related to the work of Per Moberg while employed with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, as a member of the Sierra Club and in other advisory committees spanning the years 1892 to 2009. The collection contains unit management plans and drafts, photographs, transcripts, lectures, publications, maps, meeting agendas, reports, minutes, printed materials, position papers and official correspondence dealing with environmental issues in New York's Forest Preserve.
Dates: 1892 - 2009; Majority of material found within 1967 - 2001
Abstract The records of Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc. measure 60 cubic feet and date from 1901-2012. They consist of organizational records, subject files, audio-visual recordings, publications, and other materials pertaining to environmental issues as addressed by Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc. and its predecessor organizations, the Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks (AfPA) and Residents' Committee to Protect the Adirondacks (RCPA). Also included are records of the education arm of the...
Dates: 1901 - 2012
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 2
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 2
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 2
- Acid rain -- Environmental aspects 1
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Citizen participation 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Public relations 1
- Development and Implementation of Environmental Laws and Regulations 1
- Environmental degradation -- Lake George (N.Y.) 1
- Environmental law 1
- Environmental policy -- New York (State) 1
- Environmental protection 1
- Environmentalism 1
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Inland navigation 1
- Lake George (N.Y. : Lake) 1
- Lake conservation 1 ∧ less
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 3
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 1
- Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks 1