Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The Edith Pilcher papers measure 5.13 cubic feet and date from 1790-2007, with the bulk of the collection falling between 1980-2004. The papers reflect her work as a freelance writer outside duties as collection development chair of the Adirondack Research Library. The collection consists of research materials, correspondence, notes, photographs, and drafts of each of her four books on Adirondack History.
Dates: 1790 - 2007; Majority of material found within 1980 - 2004
Abstract The Jeanne Robert Foster papers measure 12.5 cubic feet and date from 1854-2003, with the bulk of materials from 1930-1970. Materials in the collection include biographical information, correspondence, unpublished writings, photographs, scrapbooks, and ephemera.
Dates: 1854 - 2003; Majority of material found within 1930 - 1970
Abstract The papers of Kay Flickinger Dockstader measure 4.11 cubic feet with the bulk of materials dating from 1910-1995. The collection consists of photographs, journal entries, trail notes, Otyokwa Club yearbooks, maps, and ephemera from her travels, predominantly in the Adirondacks.
Dates: 1865 - 1995; Majority of material found within 1910 - 1995
Abstract The New York State Conservation Council, Inc. records measure 1.89 cubic feet and were created during the years 1937-1989. The records consist of annual meeting minutes, reports, resolutions, and other records of the Council.
Dates: 1937 - 1989
Abstract The records of Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc. measure 60 cubic feet and date from 1901-2012. They consist of organizational records, subject files, audio-visual recordings, publications, and other materials pertaining to environmental issues as addressed by Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc. and its predecessor organizations, the Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks (AfPA) and Residents' Committee to Protect the Adirondacks (RCPA). Also included are records of the education arm of the...
Dates: 1901 - 2012
- Subject: Adirondacks (N.Y.) X
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 2
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 2
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 1
- Adirondack Forty-sixers (Organization) 1
- Adirondack Mountain Reserve (N.Y.) 1
- Adirondack Mountains (N.Y.) -- Description and travel 1
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 1
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) -- History 1
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- Big Moose Lake (N.Y.) 1
- Black-and-white photography 1
- Castorland (N.Y.) -- History 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Citizen participation 1
- Cross-country skiing 1
- Environmental law 1
- Environmental policy -- New York (State) 1
- Environmental protection 1
- Environmentalism 1
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 2
- Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks 1
- Dockstader, Kay Flickinger, 1910-1995 1
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 1