Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract The Almy D. Coggeshall papers measure 2.52 cubic feet and were created during the years 1962-2009. They consist of correspondence, writings, photographs, and files on winter recreation in New York State with a focus on opposition to snowmobiles.
Dates: 1962 - 2009
Abstract The Arthur E. Newkirk papers consist of 3.3 cubic feet of records and date from 1903 to 2004. The collection includes Dome Island Memorial Sanctuary Committee records, correspondence, writings, and other materials documenting Newkirk's conservation work in the Adirondacks.
Dates: 1903 - 2004; Majority of material found within 1942 - 2004
Abstract The records of Couch-Sa-Chra-Ga Association, Inc. measure 2.75 cubic feet and date from 1964-1991. The collection includes correspondence, finances, audio-visual materials, and other records of the Association relating to its production of films about the Adirondacks.
Dates: 1964 - 1991
Abstract The Harold A. Jerry, Jr. papers consist of 11.09 cubic feet and date from 1952-1995. The papers include environmental reports, correspondence, writings, and other records associated with Jerry's work as a government official working to prevent overdevelopment in the Adirondack Park.
Dates: 1952 - 1995
Content Description The John S. Apperson papers contain 44 cu ft of correspondence, maps, charts, litigation, pamphlets and published materials, photographs, photographic negatives, slides, lantern slides, and audio recordings within 48 boxes and one Map Drawer. Digital surrogates of selected items have been created.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1899 - 1963; 1756 - 2004
Abstract The Louis Curth papers measure 12.87 cubic feet and date from 1885-2003. The collection consists of research materials used in the writing of "The Forest Rangers: A History of the New York State Forest Ranger Force" (1987) and includes manuscripts, reports, correspondence, photographs, and other records detailing forest ranger history as well as glimpses into Curth's career.
Dates: 1885 - 2003; Majority of material found within 1930 - 2003
Abstract The New York State Conservation Council, Inc. records measure 1.89 cubic feet and were created during the years 1937-1989. The records consist of annual meeting minutes, reports, resolutions, and other records of the Council.
Dates: 1937 - 1989
Scope and Contents Materials related to the work of Per Moberg while employed with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, as a member of the Sierra Club and in other advisory committees spanning the years 1892 to 2009. The collection contains unit management plans and drafts, photographs, transcripts, lectures, publications, maps, meeting agendas, reports, minutes, printed materials, position papers and official correspondence dealing with environmental issues in New York's Forest Preserve.
Dates: 1892 - 2009; Majority of material found within 1967 - 2001
Abstract The records of Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc. measure 60 cubic feet and date from 1901-2012. They consist of organizational records, subject files, audio-visual recordings, publications, and other materials pertaining to environmental issues as addressed by Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc. and its predecessor organizations, the Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks (AfPA) and Residents' Committee to Protect the Adirondacks (RCPA). Also included are records of the education arm of the...
Dates: 1901 - 2012
- Subject: Nature conservation -- New York (State) X
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 2
- Lake George (N.Y. : Lake) 2
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 2
- North Country (N.Y.) 2
- Adirondack Mountains (N.Y.) 1
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Apperson, John S., 1878-1963 -- Political activity 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Catskill Mountains (N.Y.) 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Citizen participation 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Public relations 1
- Conservationists 1
- Development and Implementation of Environmental Laws and Regulations 1 ∧ less
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 3
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 1
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 1
- Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks 1
- Coggeshall, Almy D., 1917-2009 1
- Coggeshall, Robert 1
- Couch-Sa-Chra-Ga Association 1
- Jerry, Harold A., Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Jerry-Wolcott, Jocelyn 1
- Moberg, Per O., 1920-2011 1
- Nature Conservancy (U.S.). Eastern New York Chapter 1
- New York (State). Conservation Department 1
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 1
- New York (State). Legislature. Joint Legislative Committee on Environmental Management and Natural Resources 1
- New York (State). Office of Parks and Recreation 1
- Newkirk, Arthur E., 1914-2006 1
- Newkirk, Jeanne 1
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 1
- Residents' Committee to Protect the Adirondacks 1
- Rockefeller, Nelson A., 1908-1979 1 ∧ less