Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 324
Schuyler Strong Ephemera
Notes, certificates, and notices relating to Schuyler Strong's career as a lawyer, as well as several items relating to Union College.
Sheldon Jackson collection
Sherret S. Chase papers
Sidney Joseph Perelman "New Yorker" Typescripts
Typescripts of six humorous essays for the New Yorker.
Sigma Chi records
Records of the Sigma Chi fraternity. At present, collection consists of one issue of the Union Sig publication from 1928.
Social Distancing and COVID-19 collection
This collection was created in response to the global pandemic known as COVID-19, or Novel Coronovirus, beginning in March, 2020. The Department of Special Collections at Schaffer Library have started this collection as an ongoing effort to collect responses of the Union College community, as well as those local to it, who have been affected by the pandemic in one way or another.
Society of the Descendants of Norman Fox records
Sports Information Department records
The Sports Information Department Records include clippings, press releases, photographs, statistics, and artifacts relating to Union College sports teams.
Stanley and Mark Slotkin printed book leaves collection
12 individual leaves taken from disbound religious and antiquarian books. Each leaf is mounted on a sheet of paper which also includes a facsimilie of the title page from each respective volume.
Student Affairs Council Records
Meeting minutes, memos, reports, and other documents from Student Affairs Council Chair Ruth Anne Evans.
Taormina Family papers
Two boxes containing scrapbook materials, disassembled for conservation purposes, with ephemera such as corsages, newspaper clippings, commencement pamphlets, and brochures from sports events. Scrapbooks were assembled by Marget Carey Taormina, Union College employee and wife of Frank Taourmina, UC Class of 1950.
"The Feast of the Ascension" Leaf
Theodore R. Crane Manuscript
Copy of Crane's introduction to "The Education demanded by the People of the U. States" by Francis Wayland with footnotes added.
Theta Delta Chi Records
Correspondence, legal documents, and other material mostly relating to the construction of the Theta Delta Chi House.
Thomas N. Bonner Records
Thomas Palmer papers
Daily diaries written by Judge Thomas Palmer of Schenectady with typewritten transcripts. Other materials include diplomas, certificates, and miscellaenous writings. Dairies provide a glimpse into political, religious, business, and social life of Schenectady and Saratoga Counties in the 19th century. Complete diaries are missing for the years 1848-1852.
Thomas R Tillott, Jr. Scrapbook
Scrapbook containing newspaper clippings, receipts, commencement materials, and information on Tillott's Blatchford Oratorical Prize.
Tiger's Eye Society Record Book
Constitution, membership list, and a history of the Tiger's Eye Society.
Treasurer's Office Records
Extensive financial records, including bill books, cash books, day books, journals, ledgers, vouchers, and correspondence. Substantial records from the Nott Trust and Union's ownership of Long Island City real estate are also included.
Twitty and Constance Glasgow Styles papers
Union College Locker Association Records
Financial records, membership lists, and memos for the Union College Locker Association, a cooperative deep freeze locker and food buying organization.
Union Cosmopolitan Club Records
Union Women Oral History Project Interviews
Transcripts and audio recordings of interviews with female Union College alumni conducted by students in History 16: Women in Modern America taught by Professor Andrea R. Foroughi in Spring of 2000. The interviews date from 2000-2002, and for this project students interviewed women who attended Union College in the earlier years of coeducation.
Meeting minutes, publications, grant proposals, ephemera and other records of UNITAS, an advisory committee which promotes multiculturalism and diversity at Union College.
Urban Research Center "Photographic Survey of Housing in Schenectady, New York" Negatives
Photographic negatives of Schenectady street scenes. Photographs apparently taken by H. Collingwood.
V. Ennis Pilcher "Gleanings from Archives and Apparatus" Draft
First draft of "Gleanings from Archives and Apparatus: The First Century of Physics at Union College" by V. Ennis Pilcher.
Victor H. Fraenckel papers
Vincent C. DeBaun Student Work and Correspondence
The collection consists of class notes and papers written by DeBaun while a student at Union College, as well as later correspondence with his former professors, including Harold W. Blodgett.
Vladimir Rojansky Typescript
Typescript of a physics textbook.
- Special Collections and Archives 297
- Adirondack Research Library 27
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 7
- Women 7
- College fraternities 5
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 3
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 3
- Student Organization 3
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- Students -- Societies, etc 3 + ∧ less
- English 317
- German 7
- Latin 7
- French 5
- Swedish 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1 + ∧ less
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 6
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 2
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Mountain Club. Conservation Committee 1
- American Association of University Women. Schenectady Branch 1
- Anable, Henry Sheldon, 1815-1887 1 + ∧ less
- Onsite 322
- Mixed 2