Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 193
The Jeanne Robert Foster Collection measures .95 cubic feet and was created during the years 1896-2004, with the bulk of materials falling between 1921-1970. The collection consists of correspondence, writings, poetry, photographs, and other records.
The Jeanne Robert Foster papers measure 12.5 cubic feet and date from 1854-2003, with the bulk of materials from 1930-1970. Materials in the collection include biographical information, correspondence, unpublished writings, photographs, scrapbooks, and ephemera.
Sheet of 70 Audubon stamps, mounted on cardboard with signature of postmaster general
This collection consists of the papers of John L. Bourquin IV, alum of the Union College Class of 1945. Bourquin was a member of the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity and studied in the Department of Engineering. His papers consist of photographs, ephemera, and records of his life as a student and alum of Union College. Additional accession added which is comprised of a porcelain ashtry and cup, both depicting the Union College seal and motto, with a golden edging.
The John S. Apperson papers contain 44 cu ft of correspondence, maps, charts, litigation, pamphlets and published materials, photographs, photographic negatives, slides, lantern slides, and audio recordings within 48 boxes and one Map Drawer. Digital surrogates of selected items have been created.
The Jonathan Pearson Papers consist primarily of his correspondence while serving in various roles at Union College (primarily treasurer). Other material includes scrapbooks and research relating to Schenectady Academy and Union College history. A set of 16 diaries contain hand-written accounts of Pearson’s travels in New England and through parts of the United States, and documents his time as a member of the College administration.
The papers of Kay Flickinger Dockstader measure 4.11 cubic feet with the bulk of materials dating from 1910-1995. The collection consists of photographs, journal entries, trail notes, Otyokwa Club yearbooks, maps, and ephemera from her travels, predominantly in the Adirondacks.
Deeds and photostatic copies of maps showing Loines family purchases of tracts of land in the North West Bay in Lake George, NY in the early 20th century.
The Louis Curth papers measure 12.87 cubic feet and date from 1885-2003. The collection consists of research materials used in the writing of "The Forest Rangers: A History of the New York State Forest Ranger Force" (1987) and includes manuscripts, reports, correspondence, photographs, and other records detailing forest ranger history as well as glimpses into Curth's career.
Maps, mostly of Union College campus and Schenectady, collected by Special Collections & Archives.
Photocopy typescript of the journal of Martin Van Buren Burt, Union College Class of 1838.
Engineering research, notes, writings, speeches, correspondence, publications and reference material from Union College Professor Mortimer F. Sayre.
The New York State Conservation Council, Inc. records measure 1.89 cubic feet and were created during the years 1937-1989. The records consist of annual meeting minutes, reports, resolutions, and other records of the Council.
The Noel Riedinger-Johnson papers measure .77 cubic feet and span the years 1912 to 2013. The collection of personal papers includes research files, writings, articles, photographs, and other materials used in editing "Adirondack portraits: a piece of time," and other research on Jeanne Robert Foster and Paul Schaefer.
The Office of College Relations contains extensive historical subject files, records from the Campaign for Union as well as the later Powering Union Campaign. Includes accompanying film "A Union of People," and other records relating primarily to fundraising and construction. Files include reports, ephemera, correspondence, photographs, and audio-visual recordings. Alumni files consist of collected biographical materials on alumni and non-graduates who attended Union College.
Press releases, photographs, publications, audiovisual recordings and other records from by the Office of Communications and Marketing (formerly the Public Relations Office) on a wide range of Union College topics.
Faculty news briefs, Union's Week newsletter, event calendars, and lists of student activities issued by the Office of External Affairs.
- Special Collections and Archives 167
- Adirondack Research Library 26
- Women 7
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 6
- College fraternities 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 3
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 3
- Student Organization 3
- American poetry -- 20th century 2 ∧ less
- English 188
- German 6
- Latin 6
- French 4
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 7
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- American Association of University Women. Schenectady Branch 1
- Anable, Henry Sheldon, 1815-1887 1
- Anonymous 1
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 1 ∧ less
- Onsite 190
- Mixed 2
- Offsite 1