Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 211
The Harrison L. Wirt papers date from 1898-1960, and measure .61 cubic feet. Found within the papers are patents, writings, correspondence, and other materials associated with Wirt's career as a gas turbine engineer at General Electric.
Newspaper articles, photographs, and postcards of Harry Naumann with Psi Upsilon fraternity members and friends while a student at Union College and one photograph of a class reunion.
Architectural plans created by Paul Schaefer during construction and renovation of houses and munipical projects in the North Country and Town of Niskayuna.
This collection consists of three bound artifacts which contain pressed wildflowers and plants of the Colorado and Rocky Mountain areas. One is dated 1896, gathered by Dr. H.G. Pershing, in Denver, Colorado, another is titled "Wildflowers of the Rockies," and the third it titled "Flora Alpina" with George T. Stevens named as the collector. Dates are approximate.
Photographs, publications, papers, and ephemera from Irving Langmuir. The collection also contains business correspondence of his father, Charles Langmuir. Eight albums of photographs document travels throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe.
The Isaac W. Jackson Collection measures .89 cubic feet and span the years 1832-1878. The collection consists of diaries, notebooks, an account ledger, genealogical information, writings, newspaper clipping, and printed materials detailing the life and career of Issac W. Jackson at Union College.
The contents of this collection consist of an illustration, promotional materials for various events, a postcard, facsimile documents, an exhibition catalogue, a calendar, a small booklet, a theatre program, and a monthly publication.
The Jeanne Robert Foster Collection measures .95 cubic feet and was created during the years 1896-2004, with the bulk of materials falling between 1921-1970. The collection consists of correspondence, writings, poetry, photographs, and other records.
The Jeanne Robert Foster papers measure 13.7 cubic feet and date from 1854-2003, with the bulk of materials from 1930-1970. Materials in the collection include biographical information, correspondence, unpublished writings, photographs, scrapbooks, and ephemera.
Sheet of 70 Audubon stamps, mounted on cardboard with signature of postmaster general
This collection consists of the papers of John L. Bourquin IV, alum of the Union College Class of 1945. Bourquin was a member of the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity and studied in the Department of Engineering. His papers consist of photographs, ephemera, and records of his life as a student and alum of Union College. Additional accession added which is comprised of a porcelain ashtry and cup, both depicting the Union College seal and motto, with a golden edging.
The John S. Apperson papers contain 44 cu ft of correspondence, maps, charts, litigation, pamphlets and published materials, photographs, photographic negatives, slides, lantern slides, and audio recordings within 48 boxes and one Map Drawer. Digital surrogates of selected items have been created.
Contains records from administration of President John Morris. One folder contains records regarding Exchange Students during the years of 1979-1989. Other accession contains messages of congratulations from various institutions on his inauguration as Union College president.
The Jonathan Pearson Papers consist primarily of his correspondence while serving in various roles at Union College (primarily treasurer). Other material includes scrapbooks and research relating to Schenectady Academy and Union College history. A set of 16 diaries contain hand-written accounts of Pearson’s travels in New England and through parts of the United States, and documents his time as a member of the College administration.
The papers of Kay Flickinger Dockstader measure 4.11 cubic feet with the bulk of materials dating from 1910-1995. The collection consists of photographs, journal entries, trail notes, Otyokwa Club yearbooks, maps, and ephemera from her travels, predominantly in the Adirondacks.
The Louis Curth papers measure 12.87 cubic feet and date from 1885-2003. The collection consists of research materials used in the writing of "The Forest Rangers: A History of the New York State Forest Ranger Force" (1987) and includes manuscripts, reports, correspondence, photographs, and other records detailing forest ranger history as well as glimpses into Curth's career.
Maps, mostly of Union College campus and Schenectady, collected by Special Collections & Archives.
- Special Collections and Archives 184
- Adirondack Research Library 27
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 7
- Women 7
- College fraternities 5
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 3
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 3
- Student Organization 3
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- Students -- Societies, etc 3 + ∧ less
- English 206
- German 7
- Latin 6
- French 4
- Swedish 2
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 6
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 2
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Mountain Club. Conservation Committee 1
- American Association of University Women. Schenectady Branch 1
- Anable, Henry Sheldon, 1815-1887 1 + ∧ less
- Onsite 209
- Mixed 2