Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 210
Photocopy typescript of the journal of Martin Van Buren Burt, Union College Class of 1838.
Engineering research, notes, writings, speeches, correspondence, publications and reference material from Union College Professor Mortimer F. Sayre.
The New York State Conservation Council, Inc. records measure 1.89 cubic feet and were created during the years 1937-1989. The records consist of annual meeting minutes, reports, resolutions, and other records of the Council.
The Noel Riedinger-Johnson papers measure 5 cubic feet and span the years 1912 to 2014. The collection of personal papers includes research files, writings, articles, photographs, and other materials used in editing "Adirondack portraits: a piece of time," and other research on Jeanne Robert Foster and Paul Schaefer.
The Office of College Relations contains extensive historical subject files, records from the Campaign for Union as well as the later Powering Union Campaign. Includes accompanying film "A Union of People," and other records relating primarily to fundraising and construction. Files include reports, ephemera, correspondence, photographs, and audio-visual recordings. Alumni files consist of collected biographical materials on alumni and non-graduates who attended Union College.
Press releases, photographs, publications, audiovisual recordings and other records from by the Office of Communications and Marketing (formerly the Public Relations Office) on a wide range of Union College topics.
Faculty news briefs, Union's Week newsletter, event calendars, and lists of student activities issued by the Office of External Affairs.
House System Implementation Committee records, Minerva Council records, Minerva Fellows records, and Minerva Program records. Materials include meeting minutes, agendas, correspondence, surveys, assessments, reports, handbooks, and photographs. Surveys include student statements on their perceptions of the Minerva house system and attitudes towards Greek Life and campus culture in general.
Letters related to Philip John Schuyler and his family, 1777-1800.
The Picture File contains photographs and negatives of Union College campus, students, faculty, staff, alumni, and events. Additional material covering Schenectady and the surrounding area is also included.
Postcards of the campus, its vicinity, artifacts, individuals, events, activities, and sites and scenes associated with the College, Schenectady, and surrounding areas. Postcards in this collection have been sorted to correspond to their location on or near campus.
Publications, correspondence, teaching materials, and other papers of Union College Physics Professor Ralph A. Alpher.
This collection is comprised of documents made by architect Jacques Ramee between 1812 and 1814. President Eliphalet Nott hired Ramee as to design the campus of Union College 1812 and 1814, and much of the design remains intact today. Many of the folders in this collection contain reproductions of these documents created during research by Paul Turner for his publications on the creation of the campus.
These are photographs of Union College alumni class reunions taken by year of graduation of each class from 1955 through 1978. Black and white photographs found in collections, gift of Robert Trumbull. Date of gift is unknown but possibly in the 1980s.
The collection contains the professional papers and publications of Professor of Philosophy and Bioethics, Robert Baker. The materials cover his academic career in Bioethics and contain various course materials, writings as well as underground newspapers covering his involvement in the protest movement during the Vietnam War. Publications include monographs, reports and articles that Baker authored, edited or contributed to.
The papers include correspondence, planning records, legislative and agency reports, photographs, postcards, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings related to the approval process, planning and environmental impacts of the Olympics.
The Ruth Anne Evans papers primarily document her tenure as a librarian at Union College. Files include correspondence, reports, minutes, committee records, research, ephemera, and deatils about the Audubon theft in 1972. Additional materials relate to her personal life, including her upbringing in Schenectady and education at Smith College.
- Special Collections and Archives 183
- Adirondack Research Library 27
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 7
- Women 7
- College fraternities 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 3
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 3
- Student Organization 3
- American poetry -- 20th century 2 + ∧ less
- English 205
- German 7
- Latin 6
- French 4
- Swedish 2
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 6
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 2
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Mountain Club. Conservation Committee 1
- American Association of University Women. Schenectady Branch 1
- Anable, Henry Sheldon, 1815-1887 1 + ∧ less
- Onsite 208
- Mixed 2