Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 199
House System Implementation Committee records, Minerva Council records, Minerva Fellows records, and Minerva Program records. Materials include meeting minutes, agendas, correspondence, surveys, assessments, reports, handbooks, and photographs. Surveys include student statements on their perceptions of the Minerva house system and attitudes towards Greek Life and campus culture in general.
Letters related to Philip John Schuyler and his family, 1777-1800.
The Picture File contains photographs and negatives of Union College campus, students, faculty, staff, alumni, and events. Additional material covering Schenectady and the surrounding area is also included.
Postcards of the campus, its vicinity, artifacts, individuals, events, activities, and sites and scenes associated with the College, Schenectady, and surrounding areas. Postcards in this collection have been sorted to correspond to their location on or near campus.
Publications, correspondence, teaching materials, and other papers of Union College Physics Professor Ralph A. Alpher.
This collection is comprised of documents made by architect Jacques Ramee between 1812 and 1814. President Eliphalet Nott hired Ramee as to design the campus of Union College 1812 and 1814, and much of the design remains intact today. Many of the folders in this collection contain reproductions of these documents created during research by Paul Turner for his publications on the creation of the campus.
These are photographs of Union College alumni class reunions taken by year of graduation of each class from 1955 through 1978. Black and white photographs found in collections, gift of Robert Trumbull. Date of gift is unknown but possibly in the 1980s.
The collection contains the professional papers and publications of Professor of Philosophy and Bioethics, Robert Baker. The materials cover his academic career in Bioethics and contain various course materials, writings as well as underground newspapers covering his involvement in the protest movement during the Vietnam War. Publications include monographs, reports and articles that Baker authored, edited or contributed to.
The papers include correspondence, planning records, legislative and agency reports, photographs, postcards, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings related to the approval process, planning and environmental impacts of the Olympics.
The Ruth Anne Evans papers primarily document her tenure as a librarian at Union College. Files include correspondence, reports, minutes, committee records, research, ephemera, and deatils about the Audubon theft in 1972. Additional materials relate to her personal life, including her upbringing in Schenectady and education at Smith College.
The Sherret S. Chase Papers consist primarily of organizational records from the Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks (AfPA), Catskill Center for Conservation and Development (CCCD), Friends of the Catskill Interpretive Center (FCIC), the Olive Natural Heritage Society, and other Adirondacks and Catskills related groups.
Records of the Sigma Chi fraternity. At present, collection consists of one issue of the Union Sig publication from 1928.
This collection was created in response to the global pandemic known as COVID-19, or Novel Coronovirus, beginning in March, 2020. The Department of Special Collections at Schaffer Library have started this collection as an ongoing effort to collect responses of the Union College community, as well as those local to it, who have been affected by the pandemic in one way or another.
The Sports Information Department Records include clippings, press releases, photographs, statistics, and artifacts relating to Union College sports teams.
12 individual leaves taken from disbound religious and antiquarian books. Each leaf is mounted on a sheet of paper which also includes a facsimilie of the title page from each respective volume.
Two boxes containing scrapbook materials, disassembled for conservation purposes, with ephemera such as corsages, newspaper clippings, commencement pamphlets, and brochures from sports events. Scrapbooks were assembled by Marget Carey Taormina, Union College employee and wife of Frank Taourmina, UC Class of 1950.
- Special Collections and Archives 173
- Adirondack Research Library 26
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 7
- Women 7
- College fraternities 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 3
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 3
- Student Organization 3
- American poetry -- 20th century 2 ∧ less
- English 194
- German 7
- Latin 6
- French 4
- Swedish 2
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 6
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Mountain Club. Conservation Committee 1
- American Association of University Women. Schenectady Branch 1
- Anable, Henry Sheldon, 1815-1887 1
- Anonymous 1 ∧ less
- Onsite 197
- Mixed 2