Showing Collections: 181 - 199 of 199
Daily diaries written by Judge Thomas Palmer of Schenectady with typewritten transcripts. Other materials include diplomas, certificates, and miscellaenous writings. Dairies provide a glimpse into political, religious, business, and social life of Schenectady and Saratoga Counties in the 19th century. Complete diaries are missing for the years 1848-1852.
Extensive financial records, including bill books, cash books, day books, journals, ledgers, vouchers, and correspondence. Substantial records from the Nott Trust and Union's ownership of Long Island City real estate are also included.
Transcripts and audio recordings of interviews with female Union College alumni conducted by students in History 16: Women in Modern America taught by Professor Andrea R. Foroughi in Spring of 2000. The interviews date from 2000-2002, and for this project students interviewed women who attended Union College in the earlier years of coeducation.
Meeting minutes, publications, grant proposals, ephemera and other records of UNITAS, an advisory committee which promotes multiculturalism and diversity at Union College.
Collection containing photographs of Ward Wright Briggs, M.D., UC Class of 1932. Photographs show Briggs at his graduation, as well as with his fraternity Kappa Alpha Order. Included is a article cut from a newspaper about the Class of 1912 winning the college alumni prizes. Collection donated by Ward Briggs, Jr.
The William A. Waldron personal papers include records of his work for the New York State Assembly and Constitutional Convention, the War Labor Board, class notes taken while a student at Union College, state and federal government publications, materials prepared for a Union College class reunion and correspondence. A small amount of material from his father, Charles N. Waldron, is also included and contains photographs, printed materials and news clippings.
The collection consists of 12.24 cubic feet and dates from 1848 to 1970. It includes the personal papers of William Stanley Jr., a pioneer of alternating current, demonstrating his laboratory work with power transformers and business ventures. Also included are general materials on the history of General Electric, Pittsfield Works.
The WRUC collection contains records of the student radio organizations and radio stations at Union College. In addition to a large collection of audio recordings in various formats, files include station logs, scrapbooks, correspondence, and ephemera. Additional recordings are included that were recorded or produced by Union but broadcasted by other radio stations.
- Special Collections and Archives 173
- Adirondack Research Library 26
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 7
- Women 7
- College fraternities 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 3
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 3
- Student Organization 3
- American poetry -- 20th century 2 ∧ less
- English 194
- German 7
- Latin 6
- French 4
- Swedish 2
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 6
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Mountain Club. Conservation Committee 1
- American Association of University Women. Schenectady Branch 1
- Anable, Henry Sheldon, 1815-1887 1
- Anonymous 1 ∧ less
- Onsite 197
- Mixed 2