Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 355
Hans Hainebach Papers
The collection consists primarily of letters written by Hans Hainebach to his mother while serving in the US Army during the Second World War. Other material includes a photograph of Hainebach and uniform patches.
Harold A. Jerry, Jr. papers
The Harold A. Jerry, Jr. papers consist of 11.09 cubic feet and date from 1952-1995. The papers include environmental reports, correspondence, writings, and other records associated with Jerry's work as a government official working to prevent overdevelopment in the Adirondack Park.
Harold W. Bibber Papers
Harrison L. Wirt papers
The Harrison L. Wirt papers date from 1898-1960, and measure .61 cubic feet. Found within the papers are patents, writings, correspondence, and other materials associated with Wirt's career as a gas turbine engineer at General Electric.
Harry Froass Naumann papers
Newspaper articles, photographs, and postcards of Harry Naumann with Psi Upsilon fraternity members and friends while a student at Union College and one photograph of a class reunion.
Harry Worthington Paige Ephemera
Union College ephemera from Harry Worthington Paige (Class of 1946).
Henry R. Mygatt Letters to John Clapp
Personal letters from Henry R. Mygatt (UC 1830) to John Clapp. Also includes a photograph of Mygatt.
Historic Restorations, Inc. records
Architectural plans created by Paul Schaefer during construction and renovation of houses and munipical projects in the North Country and Town of Niskayuna.
Homer Greene Notebook
Notebook kept by Homer Greene containing copies of poems by various authors, including Greene himself.
Horace G. Day Photograph Album
Photograph album of the Reverend Horace G. Day, pastor of the First Baptist Church in Schenectady. Contains photographs of local residents and Union College professors.
Horatio Wildman Correspondence
Family correspondence and other letters of Union College student Horatio Wildman (Class of 1817).
House of Representatives Records
Minutes, constitution, and membership listing of a student organization acting as a mock United States House of Representatives.
Illuminated Music Manuscript
Interfraternity Council Minutes
Book of minutes with various related papers inserted.
Irving Kaufman Wildflower collection
This collection consists of three bound artifacts which contain pressed wildflowers and plants of the Colorado and Rocky Mountain areas. One is dated 1896, gathered by Dr. H.G. Pershing, in Denver, Colorado, another is titled "Wildflowers of the Rockies," and the third it titled "Flora Alpina" with George T. Stevens named as the collector. Dates are approximate.
Irving Langmuir collection
Photographs, publications, papers, and ephemera from Irving Langmuir. The collection also contains business correspondence of his father, Charles Langmuir. Eight albums of photographs document travels throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Isaac I. and Edgar I. Truax Ephemera
Receipts (1856-1858) for payments by Isaac I. Truax and his son Edgar I. Truax (Class of 1859) to Union College and programs for the annual exercises of the Union Classical Institute (1877, 1882).
Isaac W. Jackson collection
The Isaac W. Jackson Collection measures .89 cubic feet and span the years 1832-1878. The collection consists of diaries, notebooks, an account ledger, genealogical information, writings, newspaper clipping, and printed materials detailing the life and career of Issac W. Jackson at Union College.
Jabez P. Dake Diaries
Student diaries of Jabez P. Dake (Class of 1849) covering his studies at Madison University and Union College.
James Higgins papers
James Joyce ephemera
The contents of this collection consist of an illustration, promotional materials for various events, a postcard, facsimile documents, an exhibition catalogue, a calendar, a small booklet, a theatre program, and a monthly publication.
James P. Barford ephemera
Ephemera of James P. Barford (UC 1940) including commencement exercises, ReUnion materials, articles about Union College, and Union Gridiron magazines.
James R. Truax Manuscript "An Agnostic at Close Range"
Manuscript account by James R. Truax of a discussion he had with Robert G. Ingersoll on religion in the early 1880s. Also includes an explanatory typescript and some notes, probably from Walter J. Reagles.
Jeanne Robert Foster collection
The Jeanne Robert Foster Collection measures .95 cubic feet and was created during the years 1896-2004, with the bulk of materials falling between 1921-1970. The collection consists of correspondence, writings, poetry, photographs, and other records.
Jeanne Robert Foster papers
The Jeanne Robert Foster papers measure 13.7 cubic feet and date from 1854-2003, with the bulk of materials from 1930-1970. Materials in the collection include biographical information, correspondence, unpublished writings, photographs, scrapbooks, and ephemera.
Jennie Livingston Diary
Diary of Jennie Livingston, a student in the former Schenectady Female Academy founded by Urania Nott, beginning when she was a student and ending with the election of Abraham Lincoln.
Jermain Doty Porter papers
Joel Tyler Headley Letters
Eight letters pertaining to his writing and other business matters.
John Bigelow papers
- Special Collections and Archives 327
- Adirondack Research Library 28
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 7
- Women 7
- College fraternities 6
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- Students -- Societies, etc 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- Student Organization 3 + ∧ less
- English 346
- German 9
- Latin 8
- French 6
- Swedish 2
- Creoles and pidgins, French-based 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Italian 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 + ∧ less
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 6
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 2
- General Electric Company 2
- George, Gail Wood, 1933-2008 2
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Mountain Club. Conservation Committee 1 + ∧ less
- Onsite 353
- Mixed 2