Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 324
Per O. Moberg papers
Phi Alpha Society Minute Book
Meeting minutes and related material from the Phi Alpha Society of Union College (also known as the Skull and Shield).
Philip Dunne Screenplay "How Green Was My Valley"
Second revised final version of Dunne's screenplay "How Green Was My Valley" for Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
Philip John Schuyler family letters
Letters related to Philip John Schuyler and his family, 1777-1800.
Pi Gamma Mu, New York Alpha Chapter Records
The Picture File contains photographs and negatives of Union College campus, students, faculty, staff, alumni, and events. Additional material covering Schenectady and the surrounding area is also included.
Postcards of the campus, its vicinity, artifacts, individuals, events, activities, and sites and scenes associated with the College, Schenectady, and surrounding areas. Postcards in this collection have been sorted to correspond to their location on or near campus.
President's Commission on the Status of Women records
President's Committee on Campus Security Records
Meeting minutes, reports, memos, and other documents from the President's Committee on Campus Security (also known as the President's Committee on Campus Safety).
President's Task Force on Athletics Records
Reports, correspondence, memos, and other records of President's Task Force on Athletics member Ruth Anne Evans.
Protect the Adirondacks!, Inc. records
Psi Upsilon, Theta Chapter Records
Ralph A. Alpher Papers
Publications, correspondence, teaching materials, and other papers of Union College Physics Professor Ralph A. Alpher.
Ramee Documents collection
This collection is comprised of documents made by architect Jacques Ramee between 1812 and 1814. President Eliphalet Nott hired Ramee as to design the campus of Union College 1812 and 1814, and much of the design remains intact today. Many of the folders in this collection contain reproductions of these documents created during research by Paul Turner for his publications on the creation of the campus.
These are photographs of Union College alumni class reunions taken by year of graduation of each class from 1955 through 1978. Black and white photographs found in collections, gift of Robert Trumbull. Date of gift is unknown but possibly in the 1980s.
Revolutionary Committee of Safety Minute Book
Minutes of the Revolutionary Committee of Safety in Schenectady during the American Revolutionary War.
Richard Osburn, Jr. Correspondence
Correspondence of Richard Osburn, Jr. (Class of 1846) documenting his time at Union College and initial post-graduate years.
Rita Weiman Typescript "Never See Her Again"
Typescript of a fictional story by Rita Weiman to be published in Good Housekeeping. This manuscript was presented to Mrs. Sadie Stein representing, The Schenectady Chapter of Hadassah, by the Schenectady War Finance Committee as first prize for selling the most War Bonds. It was presented on November 10th, 1943 at Union College's Memorial Chapel.
Robert Baker papers
The collection contains the professional papers and publications of Professor of Philosophy and Bioethics, Robert Baker. The materials cover his academic career in Bioethics and contain various course materials, writings as well as underground newspapers covering his involvement in the protest movement during the Vietnam War. Publications include monographs, reports and articles that Baker authored, edited or contributed to.
Robert F. Flacke papers on the XIII Olympic Winter Games
The papers include correspondence, planning records, legislative and agency reports, photographs, postcards, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings related to the approval process, planning and environmental impacts of the Olympics.
Robert N. Michaelson Postcard Collection
Postcards of the Union College campus and its vicinity, including postcards of student activities, individuals, and off-campus sites associated with prominent College alumni collected by Robert N. Michaelson (Class of 1972).
Russell A. Orr Photographs
Photographs of the Union College campus taken by student Russell A. Orr (Class of 1915).
Ruth Anne Evans papers
The Ruth Anne Evans papers primarily document her tenure as a librarian at Union College. Files include correspondence, reports, minutes, committee records, research, ephemera, and deatils about the Audubon theft in 1972. Additional materials relate to her personal life, including her upbringing in Schenectady and education at Smith College.
S. Bruce Franklin Photographs
Photocopies of photographs of Union College scenes found by S. Bruce Franklin (Class of 1952) in the attic of the Civil Engineering Building in 1951. The originals were filed in the Picture File.
Samuel Blatchford Sermons
Notebook of three sermons with some annotations.
Samuel Van Vechten Notebook
Notebook used by Union College student Samuel Van Vechten (Class of 1818) for student work and as a diary. Brief biographical sketch by his granddaughter inserted in front.
Schenectady Bureau of Municipal Research Records
Schenectady Philharmonic Orchestra Society Records
Financial and membership records from Dixon Ryan Fox's tenure as President of the Schenectady Philharmonic Orchestra Society.
Schenectady Union-Star Records
Schenectady Wintersports Club records
- Special Collections and Archives 297
- Adirondack Research Library 27
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 7
- Women 7
- College fraternities 5
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- History 5
- Adirondack Forest Preserve (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 4
- Adirondacks (N.Y.) 4
- Land use -- Planning -- New York (State) -- Adirondack Park 4
- Nature conservation -- New York (State) 4
- North Country (N.Y.) 4
- Schenectady (N.Y.) 4
- Architecture 3
- Coeducation 3
- Environmental degradation -- Adirondack Park (N.Y.) 3
- Environmentalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 3
- General Electric Company -- History 3
- General Electric Company -- Officials and employees 3
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 3
- Student Organization 3
- Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) -- Students -- Societies, etc 3 + ∧ less
- English 317
- German 7
- Latin 7
- French 5
- Swedish 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1 + ∧ less
- Schaefer, Paul, 1908-1996 6
- Foster, Jeanne Robert, 1879-1970 4
- Morris, John S., 1925-. Pres. UC 1979-1990 4
- New York (State). Department of Environmental Conservation 4
- Adirondack Park Agency (N.Y.) 3
- Bonner, Thomas Neville. Pres. UC 1974-1978 3
- Hull, Roger H., 1942-. Pres. UC 1990-2005 3
- Riedinger-Johnson, Noel 3
- Styles, Twitty J., 1927-2021. Prof. UC 1965-1997 3
- Apperson, John S., Jr., 1878-1963 2
- Martin, Harold C., 1917-2005. Pres. UC 1965-1974 2
- Murphy, William M., 1916-2008. Prof. UC 1946-1983 2
- Nott, Eliphalet, 1773-1866 2
- Pilcher, Edith, 1928-2018 2
- Sayre, Mortimer F., 1885-1973. Prof. UC 1914-1955 2
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804 2
- Adirondack Council 1
- Adirondack Mountain Club. Conservation Committee 1
- American Association of University Women. Schenectady Branch 1
- Anable, Henry Sheldon, 1815-1887 1 + ∧ less
- Onsite 322
- Mixed 2